Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Phylo: The Game Trying to Cash-In on the Pokemon Card Craze

The elusive Charizard card, I never had one.
Well, by 'cash-in', I mean 'cash-in' on it's popularity. A while back, there was this group on facebook I saw called, "I kind of wish Pokemon cards had REAL creatures and not fake ones!" and that got me interested, since I have been wanting to find a card game that deals more with biology, and the Pokemon card game has never really felt the same ever since Wizards of the Coast stopped running it.

An example of one of the cards in Phylo.
The name of the game is called Phylo, and it's still in development. I have yet to try out the game, since you need to print out the cards to play with them, or visit a playtest whenever they have one, just visit their forum to find out when they're having one and where it will be at. If you'd like to give the game a go yourself, check out the rules here.

I just noticed that someone has suggested that they try publishing the game on this website. I really wish they would, because I would buy a card game like that in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. fake game is fake. Lol XD
    Still thin that's cool how they incorporated it into real world; however they need some graphical work XD

    ReplyDelete