Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Greener Side Of Pokemon

Being today is St. Patrick's Day here in America, I thought that I would post a little about Green Pokemon for Pokemon Week here at PK Gaming. I just had some thoughts about a few of our favorite green-colored creatures.

Bulbasaur


He was the very first pocket monster I ever had. He also is one of my favorites. Really, if you think about it, this is the number one green pokemon just because he is most classic. As he evolves he becomes even more incredible too.

Ludicolo


I don't quite understand why but I love Ludicolo. He's wacky, a bit portly, and looks like he's always ready to party. A water and grass pokemon, he can stand up against fire pokemon that might threaten him. I always liked one of his relative equivalents, Poliwrath and that whole line, but there's something equally charming about this guy.

Leafeon


Generation after generation and finally it is discovered that Eevee has more evolutions up it's sleeve. Finally a Leaf-stone evolved Eevee is discovered in Leafeon. I admittedly haven't used it much in play but it's definitely a sweet looking pokemon. Not sweet as in, "oh that's bad-ass!" but more like, "what an adorable pet".

Rayquaza


Finally a pokemon that leaves the grass type behind and still remains very green. Rayquaza is a flying dragon that apparently feeds on water and atmospheric particles... hmm... in Super Smash Bros. Brawl he seems to be a bit more menacing and hungry. His battles, both in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, are sights to be seen and forces to be reckoned with.

Dragonite (Shiny)


The final pokemon I wanted to pay a little tribute to is that of Dragonite... who isn't green... unless you have a shiny one that is! Dragonite is my absolute favorite pokemon, generation after generation. I've never had a shiny one though, but if I did, it would become a prized gaming possession. Dragonite is the king of tubby but lovable dragon-types and in his shiny form, he's quite the St. Patrick's Day representative.

3 comments:

  1. How dare you leave out Flygon! D<

    I'm gonna have mine use Earth Power on you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Incredible HulkMarch 18, 2011 at 2:12 AM

    Puny green Pokemon not as green as Hulk! HULK IS GREENEST! HULK SMASH PUNY NOT AS GREEN POKEMON!

    Except Bulbasuar! HULK HUG BULBASAUR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd add Gallade, Politoad, Scyther, T-Tar, and Breloom. For shinies Scizor and Salamence!

    Nice article

    ReplyDelete