Saturday, March 12, 2011

BOING! ZOOM!

Well obviously I'm not going to talk like that I just thought Mr. Saturn was an appropriate handle for a website named as a reference to one of my most favorite of SNES games of all time, 2nd actually behind Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

First, my name is Chris. I live in Fargo, ND and have been gaming since the mid-80s. My earliest gaming memories are playing Combat on my dad's Atari 2600. My family would later get a Sega Master System which is where the first game I remember beating was on, Altered Beast. After that we'd get a NES and Super Mario Bros. 3 and that pretty much is where I began my life as a Nintendo fan which has continued well into my 28th year.

Growing up in rural North Dakota, before the internet, made it difficult to be a gamer. I had on and off subscriptions to Nintendo Power, EGM, Game Pro and other various magazines but it was pretty much impossible to pick up every game I wanted to play. That and I didn't have my own money also made it pretty tough. So while I did get my hands on a bunch of great games, like A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country or EarthBound, games like Super Metroid, FF3 or Chrono Trigger fell by the wayside until much later. I did get to play the Home Improvement game for the SNES and man I wouldn't wish that game on any but my worst enemies. Overall the fact that I developed a pretty healthy interest in gaming as a kid surprises even me sometimes.

But now at 28 living in a bigger city and having my own money not only do I enjoy the new games I also have taken the opportunity to catch up on the classics from the past that I missed on several systems from the NES to the Dreamcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment