Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Songs that should be on Rock Band - September

Ya know what? Over 2,000 songs available to play isn't enough, Harmonix, especially when you're holding out on all the really good stuff. I know there has been some amazing artists available for the game, like Queen, Billy Joel, Boston, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, The Doors, and Pearl Jam. But dammit, it isn't enough! You'll never be able to please your fans, Harmonix... so... I've decided to make a new series of articles that will have a new installment every Tuesday, which is the day that Rock Band gets new DLC.

Sometimes it will be one song, and sometimes it will be an artist that hasn't even been in the game yet. (Save for outlandish stuff like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, because let's face it, they're not gonna let any weirdo video game company have a hold of their precious masters.)

Enough explaining the article series, let's get down to it.

For today I chose...

"September" by Earth, Wind & Fire



The main reason I chose this is because I heard it on the way back home from college and because it was one of my favorite songs to play in Elite Beat Agents, but that's beside the point! I think that with the new addition of harmonies in Rock Band 3, this song would be wonderful to play with friends. It's not like Earth, Wind & Fire haven't been in Rock Band before, because they have "Shining Star" already available in the 'Get the Funk Out' pack available in the music store... and unfortunately that's the only song they've had available.

At the end of these articles I'll ask you if you'd like it available for Rock Band or not. So...

Yay or nay?

Also, these articles are subject to change if Harmonix ever releases a song that is part of this series, and I'll put an * by the article's title to indicate that and information on when the song was released.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the harmony incorporation - has a good beat to it. Don't see why not. I'll still complain about them only having Du Hast by Rammstein on there. It's their worst song, and if it's because of the lack of German lyrics, then why not pick Amerika? Half of the freaking song is in English. -.- hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this song is cool. I'd much rather have it on there than any crap by -- who came out today -- Stone Sour? What a waste of a release. And RIGHT after Linkin Park? Ugh! They really don't want my money this month..

    And as an owner of Shining Star, I'd probably pick this up. Dad'd dig it, too.

    My top pick for a band that has yet to be featured at all? ELO. So much good stuff to go 'round. SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete