Friday, January 28, 2011

Flash Friday: Extinct! Are you smarter than a plant?

Since I just started learning about plant life in my Biology 2 course at the college, I thought it would be appropriate to share this game on Flash Friday. My significant other actually showed me this...

Extinct!

The object of the game is to grow and disperse enough of your offspring (seeds) so that your species will survive. Sounds easy, right? Well, there are a lot of things you have to consider, such as how many minerals and sugar the plant gets, and how tall the plant should be so it can get enough sunlight. Insects will also visit your plants, some will pollinate like the bees, which is what you want, and some will destroy your leaves! At the end of the game, you're given a percentage of the chance that your species will survive. I got 37% the first time around, and 28% the second time. I'm an endangered species!

2 comments:

  1. As someone in a Biology class right now, this definitely perks my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 16% as a wild plant! Pathetic!

    20% as a farmed plant!

    90% as a damned human being! (accounting 10% for unfortunate accidents)

    ReplyDelete