Monday, May 30, 2011

Jamie Pogue's Pokemon Mural

Recently a buddy of mine named Jamie wanted to do a special project. He posted it over at Negative World and I put in a request to be chose. The requirements were to post your top-six favorite Pokemon as well as suggest a theme for the photo and he would do a cartoon-ish digital painting about it. I came at him quick, with one of the first, if not the first, requests and it turns out he ended up choosing me! I was elated! Psyched! Eager to see what was going to come of this.

So I told him my favorite Pokemon were Dragonite, Mew, Bulbasaur, Politoed, Haunter, and Magmortar. Ever since the first Pokemon game, I've always had this weird fondness of Cinnabar Island. In fact, my current Simisear in Pokemon White is nicknamed Cinnabar. So I told Jamie to paint me and those Pokemon with Cinnabar Island in the background, at that point in the old games where you've just finished that part and you end up returning to your hometown for the final gym. It was always a favorite of mine. The sample is below but you can download the full resolution version here.

After weeks of working... Jamie finished his work and it is wonderful. I had to post it to the PK Gaming community and give this man props. You can hire him to do all sorts of projects if you like, but no matter what, you owe it to yourself to check out this great Philadelphia artist.


The Website of Jamie Pogue


Jamie also was a key artist in IGN's Week of Zelda Art special. He did three of them, which thumbs are posted below. For full versions visit Jamie's page or IGN.com.

Evil Eagle

Blind

Cucco


Pretty damn great eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment