Saturday, July 23, 2011

Songs that should be on Rock Band - Lonely is the Night


Wow, I'm super-late for this article for this week. Better late than never though. I just put on my grooveshark and this song came on and reminded me that I should post this article. I think since no one around me, even online, doesn't talk about Rock Band anymore and I haven't been playing it as much lately, so I just haven't given thought to this article series. I still love the idea of having a music collection that you can "play" though, that's my main draw to Rock Band.

Anyway, enough of my whining. This is "Lonely is the Night" by Billy Squier. He only has one song on Rock Band, and it was a Christmas song. Christmas songs are nice to have during the holidays, but c'mon, no one would play them year-round, it would get annoying. "Lonely is the Night" however has been a favorite song of mine ever since I was a kid. Yep, it's another one of those songs, where I would hear it on the radio during family trips to the beach. If Harmonix does put anymore Billy Squier on Rock Band, I'd love to have at least this song.

Oh, speaking of those songs. A pack of songs from Yes is going to release next week with one of those songs. Yep, I'm talking about "Owner of a Lonely Heart", it was another one of those songs that came from the 80's that I kept hearing as a child. Most Yes fans tend to hate that song because it's so unlike what Yes does, but I love it. I also love the other Yes tracks as well, so I'll be picking up the whole pack once I get some MS points.

No comments:

Post a Comment